Yorktown ISD Vision
Yorktown ISD will prepare students to meet the challenges of the future while empowering them with a desire to achieve their personal best.
Yorktown ISD Mission Statement
The Board and staff of Yorktown Independent School District will provide excellence in education that enables all students to reach their full potential and inspires a life-long commitment to learning.
Yorktown ISD Lone Star Governance Goals
- The percentage of 3rd grade students that score meets grade level or above on STAAR reading will increase from 17% to 44% by August 2024.
- The percentage of 3rd grade students that score meets grade level or above on STAAR math will increase from 26% to 46% by August 2024.
- The percentage of graduates that meet the criteria for CCMR will increase from 43% to 50% by August 2024.
- The percentage of 8th grade students scoring meets grade level or above on the STAAR Math assessment will increase from 35% to 45% by August 2024.
- The percentage of 10th grade students scoring meets grade level or above on the English 2 STAAR EOC will increase from 47% to 70% by August 2024.
Yorktown School District Goals
- Yorktown ISD will foster student achievement to maximize their academic potential while working collaboratively with parents and the community.
- Yorktown ISD will foster an innovative curriculum with programs and services to maximize opportunities for students.
- Yorktown ISD will provide secure, well-kept facilities conducive to learning.
- Yorktown ISD will plan and ensure a safe, positive, and inspiring learning environment for its students.
- Yorktown ISD will recruit and retain highly qualified and committed personnel and provide them the tools to meet our students’ needs.
- Yorktown ISD will effectively manage all district financial resources to maximize educational resources available for students.